Re: Or just use buses
Matter of taste, personal point of view and local culture... And also the actual type of transit.
I prefer to hitch a ride and enjoy a nice book during the waiting period than to get stressed by city rush hour traffic.
I still have a car however, it is far more convenient for short distance out of town trips..
And I'll switch to train for medium/long distance (over 500 km - European "long distance" is quite relative, y'know...)
Furthermore, most of the time, the mass transit is actually faster than the personnal car.
- Busses sometime use dedicated ways on major lines, I won't even start to argue for tramway and metro speed. And you don't have to spend 10 minutes to find a park place.
- Trains for long distance... I'm 3 hours away from the capital by train, 5-6 by car.
Finally, the idea of being independent via over reliance on a single device seems a bit odd to me...
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging