I hope this backfires on Premtke - and Apple
I almost bought an iPad, just so I could boycott it ....
Software patents are ludicrous anyway, but using them to prop up fleecing the less-abled is stomach churning.
However, a quick look through the Android store shows quite a few free TTS apps, so hopefully people know what do do.
I don't want to go all hippy, but my wife has MS and impaired vision, and the number of FOSS apps available for her Wildfire is humbling - there are a lot of people out there who are starting to make real quality of life improvements.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Lollipop unwrapped: Chromium WebView will update via Google Play
- Ad-borne Cryptowall ransomware is set to claim FRESH VICTIMS