I hope this backfires on Premtke - and Apple
I almost bought an iPad, just so I could boycott it ....
Software patents are ludicrous anyway, but using them to prop up fleecing the less-abled is stomach churning.
However, a quick look through the Android store shows quite a few free TTS apps, so hopefully people know what do do.
I don't want to go all hippy, but my wife has MS and impaired vision, and the number of FOSS apps available for her Wildfire is humbling - there are a lot of people out there who are starting to make real quality of life improvements.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network