If and when someone asks me to write about a particular topic at El Reg, it is vague and open ended. Content, direction, tone...they are up to me. If you feel this article is a little lovey dovey regarding Microsoft's cloudy offerings...that might stem from the fact that after lab testing what's on the table, I legitimately believe they have the best offering.
And no, VMWare's storage capabilities aren't as good. MS have stolen a march here. For now; they are out in front; future articles in the set will explain that in detail.
In the meantime, maybe you should download Server 2012 and SCVMM 2012 and see for yourself. MS have blown me away here; second-rate also-ran to "well they just might be the best for this round of virtualisation offerings" in just a few years.
Boggles the mind.
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- Fun-killing fireshow-flunking ZOMBIE COMET ISON only LOOKED alive
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- Inside IBM's vomit-inducing, noise-free future chip lab