Re: Permanent Residence
Australia is also pretty efficient at processing applications.
We have one customer in the mining business that moved it's tech R&D centre from Canada to OZ because Canada was taking 5+ years to process permanent residency applications, then 3+years before you can apply for citizenship which is then taking a further 2years to process. And every new government throws out the entire application backlog and changes the rules.
Oz was a few months for the visa then IIRC 1year residency before you can apply for citizenship.
The downside they mentioned was that although N.America / UK workers were welcomed other nationalities had a bit more trouble being accepted.
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace
- Tablet? Laptop? HP does the splits with Tegra-based SlateBook x2
- NASA signs off on sampling mission to Earth-threatening asteroid