Murdoch, Fox, BSkyB have more worries than PirateBay
This crowd claim they have "billions of pounds in high-quality entertainment for our customers because we know how much our customers value it. It’s therefore important that companies like ours do what they can, alongside the government and the rest of the media and technology industries, to help protect their copyright."
One of the theirs are the Fox Studios in Hollywood, so the statement is somewhat self-serving.
What Murdoch should be concentrating on is the Chinese-sourced satellite encryption-cracking activity.
Whilst satellite receivers have to be licenced with the government in VietNam and the Peoples Police are quite proficient in spotting misdirected antennae - the licences only permit reception of Vietnamese owned satellites - there are substantial proliferation of cracked decoder cards all over the region - many viewers see forbidden / censored channels which must be costing the old man millions.
In some countries such as Cambodia or Laos they even have illicit signals hived into special channels so only favoured locals can see the channels.
Mind you, IMO, a lot of Murdoch programming is trash and not even worth the cost of a hot card.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes