This conversation again?
The raw pixels are used to create a sharper, "normal" resolution image using a proprietary processing algorithm.
- the output is not 41MP
- the sensor is HUGE, so it's not just an excercise in shrinking pixels
- the lens is very high quality (and F2.4), not your average phone lens
- it has a separate processor for images
- Microsoft has tight hardware specs on WinPho, so it cannot used with specialized hardware like this
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system