Re: Pandora's box??
Clearly a person or a company should be able to patent and or copyright his work. If someone pays to make a language possible in one sense he has a right to own the language.
What seems wrong is lashing the patent whip after a language is commonly adopted. If we knew in advance that java is a locked in proprietary language, the same as c# and fundamentally different than c++ or php developers might make different choices.
Fundamentally, to me, it means use c# and c++ on windows, c++, php or something else on linux,
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great