Re: "this comparatively reassuring picture"
"We base our computer models on what we think is representative, then derive conclusions from those models without double-checking the source data."
That's unlike any computer modelling i've heard of, or implemented. Can you explain why you think this is true, or is it just a feeling of yours ?
"Let's keep on measuring, evaluating and improving our understanding, hmm ? It's the only way to learn, and zealots be damned."
That's a very good idea - it's called science.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide