Engineers vs Politicians
We don't need advisors but engineers with teeth.
We do not need major projects. Anything bigger than £500M is vanity and hubris. Just look at the aircraft carriers and Raptor purchase, London airport and HS2 what whopping cock-ups. OK so we need to spend on such projects but there is inadequate control and certainly no joined up thinking. None of these projects is fit for purpose because they are driven by politics not common sense.
Politicians should not be involved in projects because they have no idea of the damage they can cause. We need an independent organisation like the Bank of England headed by engineers tasked with picking out of these major spend projects the best value for money. The way we are now going in 5 years we will have spent £100bn and be no better served than we are right now.
Politicians should be there for entertainment not for deciding what to do or how to do it.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging