Methinks this is just the ICO trying to validate their existence. If they didn't fine anyone then people might be curious what they actually did.
Since they are incapable of fining private companies due to a scrotum deficiency then the only logical choice is to fine public ones.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked