Wait...what? Patient information can only be shared by email using start and end-point NHSNet addresses (@nhs.net). From the article, a letter was being emailed to the patient (off NHSNet presumably) but ended up at a different spelling of the name (off NHSNet).
Seems could have happened by paper just as easily as email, though
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire