Re: I've seen this movie before
SCO never had a research department the size of Nokia research. It never had an IPR portfolio the size of Nokia either. In any case "this movie" is not likely to be "shown in theaters" for very long.
In order to collect revenue from patents you have to file them. In order to file them you have to have working engineering and research. If times gets rough this is the first thing which the management consultants rationalize as surplus to requirements.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...