Here in AUS around 20 years ago there were several fires and at least one death caused by a faulty electrical (not electronic) applience. For years afterwards there were policeman wandering around interviewing people to see if they could get a manslaughter case up.
The police involvment was widely reported, and really focused the attention of AUS industry on the importance of using non-flammable plastics for the casings of electrical (including electronic) appliances.
There is nothing like spending a couple of years in jail to really spoil your day.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Flesh-flapping, image-zapping app Snapchat NOW ad-wrapped
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots