Here in AUS around 20 years ago there were several fires and at least one death caused by a faulty electrical (not electronic) applience. For years afterwards there were policeman wandering around interviewing people to see if they could get a manslaughter case up.
The police involvment was widely reported, and really focused the attention of AUS industry on the importance of using non-flammable plastics for the casings of electrical (including electronic) appliances.
There is nothing like spending a couple of years in jail to really spoil your day.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account