Here in AUS around 20 years ago there were several fires and at least one death caused by a faulty electrical (not electronic) applience. For years afterwards there were policeman wandering around interviewing people to see if they could get a manslaughter case up.
The police involvment was widely reported, and really focused the attention of AUS industry on the importance of using non-flammable plastics for the casings of electrical (including electronic) appliances.
There is nothing like spending a couple of years in jail to really spoil your day.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job