Here in AUS around 20 years ago there were several fires and at least one death caused by a faulty electrical (not electronic) applience. For years afterwards there were policeman wandering around interviewing people to see if they could get a manslaughter case up.
The police involvment was widely reported, and really focused the attention of AUS industry on the importance of using non-flammable plastics for the casings of electrical (including electronic) appliances.
There is nothing like spending a couple of years in jail to really spoil your day.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests