Here in AUS around 20 years ago there were several fires and at least one death caused by a faulty electrical (not electronic) applience. For years afterwards there were policeman wandering around interviewing people to see if they could get a manslaughter case up.
The police involvment was widely reported, and really focused the attention of AUS industry on the importance of using non-flammable plastics for the casings of electrical (including electronic) appliances.
There is nothing like spending a couple of years in jail to really spoil your day.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook