Wonderful laptop, had one for a little while now. I have the Core i5 version but an i7 is available. 15" screen with 1366x768 resolution, not many more pixels than your current machine but the screen has a matt finish so no trouble with stupid angles reflecting the lights. Make sure to grab one with the 540GM graphics card though, some places sell the cheap version that leans on the integrated Intel graphics. Optimus makes the battery last forever even with a dedicated card in there.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins