@AC - (Re: Back to Snail Mail)
Two important differences:
1) Royal mail can only log recipient and original postbox. Sender logging isn't possible.
2) It is relatively easy to ensure that you at least know that a letter has been opened.
The downside, of course, is that you're using a slower and more unreliable means of communication.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON