Optional then Mandatory
For our foreign guests, a little background. Victoria is Australia's police state, followed closely by South Australia. Any nut job legislation (like 3km/h tolerances on speed limits or mandatory bicycle helmets) is first trialled in Victoria and then rolled out to the rest of the country - to bring us in line. What we have is a voluntary $30 bicycle registration scheme that will for all sorts of nefarious social benefits be made mandatory and will probably then be linked to 3rd party insurance requirements. We will arrive at a place whereby the police can fine cyclists and check their papers as easily as they currently do other road users - assuming they don't shoot them first.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst