Optional then Mandatory
For our foreign guests, a little background. Victoria is Australia's police state, followed closely by South Australia. Any nut job legislation (like 3km/h tolerances on speed limits or mandatory bicycle helmets) is first trialled in Victoria and then rolled out to the rest of the country - to bring us in line. What we have is a voluntary $30 bicycle registration scheme that will for all sorts of nefarious social benefits be made mandatory and will probably then be linked to 3rd party insurance requirements. We will arrive at a place whereby the police can fine cyclists and check their papers as easily as they currently do other road users - assuming they don't shoot them first.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you