+1 for misinterpreting an input, imagine the difference between rm -rf / and rm -rf * for example, yes you should be very careful if you were using root or sudo etc however sh*t happens!
Big corporates have systems that just can't go down without costing huge amounts of money if not worse. Imagine if something like this took out something important such as systems monitoring 999 networks etc.
I can see the advantages for some uses but a good proportion of them can be gained using screen* along with SSH.
Plus is it really the best business plan to be reliant on an admin who is connecting via 3g / dodgy wifi?
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun