Dumb Question: Why not more RAM ?
So this card is basically acting like a large cache for the HD.
So why not just put a shed load of normal DRAM memory into the machine, and let the O/S filesystem caching kick in ? Or use the memory as a RAM Drive?
Surely DRAM's going to be quicker & cheaper than flash ?
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging