Remember the TomTom virus debacle?
In 2006-2007, TomTom shipped a load of satnavs with an Autorun virus on the flash, that could infect your PC if it had Autorun enabled.
The one I had didn't have a virus on it, but I had to get it fixed under guarantee - and it came back with a virus!. Evidently the PCs in their repair centre were all infected.
It also came with beta firmware on it. Sigh.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging