Re: Ten of the best
"Her Earthsea stories are supposed to be for kids"
Who said that? Certainly not Le Guin! You have nothing to be ashamed of.
My favorite Le Guin sf is Changing Planes-- a short-story collection in the good old-fashioned "what if?" tradition, with the opening story being one of the funniest works of sf I have ever read.
Now, if we're going to start recommending fantasy: anything Dave Duncan has ever written. Come to think of it, he writes occasional sf, too. Pock's World is a great deconstruction of the standard far-future setting where technology has barely advanced from our own time aside from FTL travel.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix