Re: Ten of the best
"Her Earthsea stories are supposed to be for kids"
Who said that? Certainly not Le Guin! You have nothing to be ashamed of.
My favorite Le Guin sf is Changing Planes-- a short-story collection in the good old-fashioned "what if?" tradition, with the opening story being one of the funniest works of sf I have ever read.
Now, if we're going to start recommending fantasy: anything Dave Duncan has ever written. Come to think of it, he writes occasional sf, too. Pock's World is a great deconstruction of the standard far-future setting where technology has barely advanced from our own time aside from FTL travel.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps