Re: Just to add another couple..
One vote here against Neal Stephenson-- except for Anathem, which is just barely worth struggling through because it has not one but two interesting original ideas buried in there.
OTOH, how did I forget about the Uplift books? Absolutely include those!
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging