Banks dont need to be compliant with anything, as its 'their' own money they are playing with.
Take some of these new instant issuance systems that are coming out, there are various tiers with automation, the cheap tier on one companies that i will not name, requires the operator to manually enter the card details, details that are supposed to be protected, and then it will just issue the new card for them.
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong