Re: Internal hack?
Most likely an issuer, but, if it is, then it would have to be one that is issuing millions a month, as they would not be storing the track1 and 2 data, unless specifically requested to by the banks. They can only store the data for a max of 30 days, perfering it to be deleted after personalisation. if they were not deleting it, they were either breaking mastercard and visa rules, or had another service provided to the banks that needed it, which would allow them to keep it if it was encrypted.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month