This technology might not have been asked for, but there's a reason why it's being deployed: because it helps the banks, it was never for our benefit as customers.
Remember: if your card is skimmed, the onus is on you to prove the card was used fraudulently, rather than on them to protect you. It's an increasing of the shift in liability from the banks to you.
Also, is it *any* Visa branded card or *any WIRELESS* Visa branded card? I don't see how they could skim the details off non-wireless cards.
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp