When in China
While I was in china it became apparent that these rules were for other people and touchdown meant practically every phone in the aircraft would receive texts and calls from people who obviously left their own phones on auto-redial until their friends came close enough to the base stations.
This also seemed to apply to seatbelts being optional and standing for take off and landing as you need to finish your conversations no matter what.
This was an international flight too from europe not an internal "bus" type flight.
Europeans are too good at rules but the other extreme is out there - its not a good place either.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire