I've started using an iPad running OnLive Desktop when I need to go places on the web where I should really know better.
The iPad is pretty much immune to anything currently out there, and the OnLive server instance I have is locked down and it's system files can't be modified so it's pretty much immune too. I believe the OnLive images are killed and rebuilt every night anyway.
I admit it's not a replacement for a full PC setup, but I'm rapidly finding it my go-to solution for most things Internetty. Doesn't hurt that it gives me a 97Mbit download speed AND because the OnLive servers are based in the US, I can get Hulu and ABCPlayer wherever I am in the world.
Downside; you do need a decent internet connection to connect to OnIive, so not a permanent solution for most people.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM