Re: K- for a compact with a superzoom lens
I've actually got a TZ10, and an S95. I bought the TZ 10 as I wanted a GPS equipped compact before a trip to 90W, 0N, and the S100 wasn't shipping.
In marginal light, or any situation where I want manual controls, the S95 is a better camera from an image quality viewpoint. The TZ10's low light sensor performance is significantly worse than the S95.
Where the TZ10 wins out over the S95 is a more rugged feel, far better zoom range, and a case design that is easier to hold on to while scrambling over rocks out of a panga. They're both lovely cameras, and apart from shutter response speed, I can between them get most of what I get out a DSLR and single zoom lens, but they're very different compromises.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star