Re: K- for a compact with a superzoom lens
I've actually got a TZ10, and an S95. I bought the TZ 10 as I wanted a GPS equipped compact before a trip to 90W, 0N, and the S100 wasn't shipping.
In marginal light, or any situation where I want manual controls, the S95 is a better camera from an image quality viewpoint. The TZ10's low light sensor performance is significantly worse than the S95.
Where the TZ10 wins out over the S95 is a more rugged feel, far better zoom range, and a case design that is easier to hold on to while scrambling over rocks out of a panga. They're both lovely cameras, and apart from shutter response speed, I can between them get most of what I get out a DSLR and single zoom lens, but they're very different compromises.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Apple SILENCES Bose, YANKS headphones from stores
- Nobody wants to look at your boobs: Snapchat gets ads 'that interest you'
- TV Review Doctor Who's Flatline: Cool monsters, yes, but utterly limp subplots
- Vid NASA eyeballs SOLAR HEAT BOMBS, MINI-TORNADOES and NANOFLARES on Sun