"...its relatively small size - 50m..."
Even if it were to collide it's going to have difficulty in annihilating the earth, unless they're not telling us something and the something they're not telling us is that it's actually an alien Total Conversion bomb.
Global killers are kilometers across, not meters.
Might make a nasty hole somewhere though, assuming it's solid enough to stay in one piece on the way in.
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Review Pixel mania: Apple 27-inch iMac with 5K Retina display
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- Google's Mr Roboto Andy Rubin bids sayonara to Chocolate Factory