Re: Double standards-essential patents
Yep, thats exactly right. Where groups of companies come together to share a bunch of patents in order to make a standard that they can all profit from, then they all have to agree to license them to anyone for reasonable prices. This seem harsh to you, Jedit?
When it's not standards-related stuff, the first person who comes up with and patents the idea has first crack at commercially exploiting it. You're complaining that Apple keep coming up with stuff first, and its not fair?
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor