Apple played that very well. It's possible that they will never be able to justify the cost of the back-end necessary to provide Siri service as promised, but they don't have to. They've already sold a massive number of 4s phones.
And next time they promise something they can't deliver, users will again line up to buy it. It's absolutely brilliant. Mindshare really is more important than product.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest