Entrapment is almost impossible to establish in the US - best not to even try.
The preferred prosecution technique is plea bargaining, see for example the recent case of the UK businessman paraded in shackles with one hand free to use his walking stick - the idea is to convince the accused & their family that their only hope of ever getting home is to plead guilty in exchange for some concession, even if they're innocent. Its all about conviction rates and getting re-elected.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24