Right on money, sir
Himalaya´s height is indeed pretty unstable, but I do not mean the snow. Himalaya has risen, when the then-separatedly moving India crashed head on with pra-Asia. The movement continues to this day and so, the Himalaya is still growing. We have multiple evidence of this, some of it quite interesting. For example, the camel caravans used to walk through some of the himalayans passes. Today the same passes are, ehm, passable only with ice-picks and crampons. Forgive my English.
So, to me it is not much about who was right during last measuring, but rather how much the Everest grew since Mallory/Irvine´s days...
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS