Argh, bollocks to touchscreen cameras
They seem like a brilliant idea, to those of us with nice capacitative screen smartphones... Until you realise that it's fine to hold those at a funny angle and shade them on a sunny day.
Flash forward to using a touch screen camera on a summer's day, especially one where the screen is the viewfinder too.. Good luck composing nicely, or driving the camera even slightly manually. You get a nasty case of CSS - Can't See Shit.
Luckily, my GH2 has a touch screen and a variety of physical controls, so I have the option. It would be a reet pain in the ass otherwise. After having played with a touchscreen-only camera, I'm not going there.. Maybe it's fine for the spray and pray crowd though- though would they really want to pay the price of NEX-5N?
A little confused- if it's anything like its predecessors, it will be perfectly nicely made, have a good sensor and all that other stuff.. Usability in all but the most favourable conditions would seem slightly suspect, though.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action