I saw that article and was creeped out a bit as I had recently been in a Target and they asked if I could take my driver's license out of the holder so they could scan it because the beverage I'd grabbed was an age restricted purchase and the computer wouldn't continue the transaction without scanning it. I looked at the screen and pointed out that the cashier could just enter my date of birth and scanning wasn't necessary. I think I may just print up an adhesive backed fake pdf417 code and head back to Target to stock up on porn, booze and mature video games under the name Gregg Steinhafel* just for lulz.
*The CEO of Target
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO MURDER SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great