<cracked record mode>
Jeebus, folks! —Just use a password manager, fer feck's sake. There are plenty available, for all platforms. They sync their databases across all your comps [& smartphones]. They'll generate any length unguessable passwords [strings of 'random' numbers and letters and/or symbols] for you when you need to register for a website. They will automatically fill in that password for you, when you revisit. All you need to remember is one single password for unlocking the password manager app.
I use 1password myself [on macs and iPhone] and, at last count had over 200 logins stored in its database. All different, so none of the dangers inherent in using a password across more than one site. All pretty unguessable; I tend to opt for "13 characters. Mixed letters & numbers. Mixed upper & lower case" when letting 1password generate them. Logging into any site involves hitting "CMD+\", entering the master password in a popup window and then hitting enter. Probably takes less than 5 seconds and I haven't had to bother remembering a password in years.
It is, as the sceptics would say, a "no-brainer"
</cracked record mode>
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt