<cracked record mode>
Jeebus, folks! —Just use a password manager, fer feck's sake. There are plenty available, for all platforms. They sync their databases across all your comps [& smartphones]. They'll generate any length unguessable passwords [strings of 'random' numbers and letters and/or symbols] for you when you need to register for a website. They will automatically fill in that password for you, when you revisit. All you need to remember is one single password for unlocking the password manager app.
I use 1password myself [on macs and iPhone] and, at last count had over 200 logins stored in its database. All different, so none of the dangers inherent in using a password across more than one site. All pretty unguessable; I tend to opt for "13 characters. Mixed letters & numbers. Mixed upper & lower case" when letting 1password generate them. Logging into any site involves hitting "CMD+\", entering the master password in a popup window and then hitting enter. Probably takes less than 5 seconds and I haven't had to bother remembering a password in years.
It is, as the sceptics would say, a "no-brainer"
</cracked record mode>
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s