purely out of interest I just tested how long it would take me to find out full & detailed info about me armed with only my email address
the ownership details of my domain name can be found within 10 seconds
given the company name (from the domain ownership) reveals my full name, full address, partial date of birth (mm/yyyy) and details of a further 3 companies that I am involved with (including their financial state) within another 20 seconds
given the address getting my phone number takes a further 30 seconds.
the end result is that losing logins to sites where I re-use passwords reveals less about me than could be found within 1 minute of knowing my email address and having access to google.
I wonder how many others on here are in exactly the same position
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire