"is effectively random"
Yes, in this instance, the pseudo random number is effectively random provided the algorithm provides all possibilities. It has to be less the obvious numbers as already discussed. A typical bank will produce at least 10,000 cards each day so provided each cycle starts at a random point and they are allocated in the order requested the result is genuinely random.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer