"is effectively random"
Yes, in this instance, the pseudo random number is effectively random provided the algorithm provides all possibilities. It has to be less the obvious numbers as already discussed. A typical bank will produce at least 10,000 cards each day so provided each cycle starts at a random point and they are allocated in the order requested the result is genuinely random.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON