So how, exactly, can they determine that this happened *only* 50 million years ago?
We don't have anything on the ground there so samples are out. This leaves only light waves... Is the ground a different shade of grey? Did that particular grey only come into vogue 50m years back?
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire