Re: Errr or this really
You are amusingly naive if you think that Google did this to show up flaws in Apple's & Microsoft's software. They did this because they wanted the data and because they could. And they did it *despite* it being against the wishes of the end-user.
The fact that Safari and IE allowed it to occur does not negate Google's responsibility for doing it. Saying everyone else could do it too is not the point. Google claim to be better than that.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Thought your Android phone was locked? THINK AGAIN