Re: So does this mean..
Of course not
You can still install anything from anywhere
Anything that runs under X11 will continue to run for example. Though you will have to install X11 separately You forget that a great deal of gear that apple uses as it's default install is open source.
Mach Kernel, Darwin, CUPS, Webkit etc.
Here's 200 other open source projects that apple supports
and here's a dev link
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24