Re: So does this mean..
Of course not
You can still install anything from anywhere
Anything that runs under X11 will continue to run for example. Though you will have to install X11 separately You forget that a great deal of gear that apple uses as it's default install is open source.
Mach Kernel, Darwin, CUPS, Webkit etc.
Here's 200 other open source projects that apple supports
and here's a dev link
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst