Re: The sentence itself was absurd
Let us review. He is accused of taking proprietary information, which the company alleges provides them a competitive advantage in the marketplace, and selling it to a competitor.
IF TRUE, then his actions could have cost his former employer millions of dollars, in which case one has to view this as the 'theft' of millions of dollars.
Whether he was prosecuted under the wrong statutes has no bearing on whether or not his actions deserved punishment.
Given what I believe the facts to be, he ought to be locked away.
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- New material enables 1,000-meter super-skyscrapers