Re: Only a 'Tick'
There's more than just a die shrink in Ivy Bridge. The tri-gate transistors and the bump in integrated graphics performance just to name two. Need more? Extra PCIe lanes, PCIe 3.0 and native support for USB3. The die shrink and tri-gate transistors alone allows them to drop the core voltage fairly significantly, thus saving power.
My money is sitting until Ivy Bridge comes out. I doubt AMD will come up with a suitable competitor by then (not holding my breath with Piledriver), which is why Intel can sit on their stockpile rather than slash prices a bit to shift it.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search