Re: Only a 'Tick'
There's more than just a die shrink in Ivy Bridge. The tri-gate transistors and the bump in integrated graphics performance just to name two. Need more? Extra PCIe lanes, PCIe 3.0 and native support for USB3. The die shrink and tri-gate transistors alone allows them to drop the core voltage fairly significantly, thus saving power.
My money is sitting until Ivy Bridge comes out. I doubt AMD will come up with a suitable competitor by then (not holding my breath with Piledriver), which is why Intel can sit on their stockpile rather than slash prices a bit to shift it.
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Rejoice, Windows fans: Stable 64-bit Chromium drops for Win 7 and 8
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...