Re: Re: Pure marketing ploy
"...while Intel is also troubled by its Sandy Bridge processor inventory, the CPU giant plans to delay mass shipments of the new processors to minimize the impact"
So, because their CPUs are still priced high (just shy of launch prices, due to no real competition from AMD), no one buys their chip stocks en masse, so rather than slash the price a bit to shift them, they'll just sit on their current prices until their stockpile goes down.
Come on AMD! This is what competition is supposed to prevent!
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015