Re: Re: Re: On the upside
"I avoid travelling through the USA now, preferring to do UK to Aus/NZ through Asia. Nicer people, nicer food, and they don't force my luggage open."
A wise decision. I live in the U.S. and have had things stolen from my luggage, too, including, of all things, the guest book from my wedding (we got married about 1,800 miles from home so my wife's grandmother could attend the wedding). On top of this, several other expensive, fragile gifts were broken because of them. They were originally wrapped and placed in the center of the suitcase, surrounded by padding, but after the TSA thieves rummaged about in my bag, they tossed the fragile stuff on top -- practically guaranteeing that they'd be broken.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers