A pox on both their houses!
Well, the FCC should have stomped on this before billions of Dollars in investment was at stake, but the real issue is that Lightsquared tried to press too far with spectrum that was ill-suited for their high-powered signal.
A shame, but GPS has become too important in too many applications to tolerate anything but minor signal jamming.
Maybe we can salvage something from this by putting LightSquared right next to the frequencies that Galileo will use--thereby killing Galileo and saving Euro-taxpayers some much-needed dosh!!
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?