A pox on both their houses!
Well, the FCC should have stomped on this before billions of Dollars in investment was at stake, but the real issue is that Lightsquared tried to press too far with spectrum that was ill-suited for their high-powered signal.
A shame, but GPS has become too important in too many applications to tolerate anything but minor signal jamming.
Maybe we can salvage something from this by putting LightSquared right next to the frequencies that Galileo will use--thereby killing Galileo and saving Euro-taxpayers some much-needed dosh!!
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?