Gatekeeper only works when "quarantine bit" set
OK people, lots of hysterics as usual but just read that apps matching the criteria below will not be checked at all by the Gatekeeper.
* Anything already on your system is grandfathered in.
* Files transferred or installed using fixed media like DVDs, USB drives, and other portable media.
* Files downloaded by applications that don’t set the quarantine bit.
* Scripts and other code that isn’t executable.
So if your favourite file download client (e.g. BitTorrent) doesn't set the quarantine bit, Apple's gatekeeper doesn't get involved at all.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins