> And they get MS Office trials in their face
My next-door neighbour bought a laptop. It came with a copy of Office, with a sticker on the palmrest and everything.
Then, one night, I got a knock at the door. The Office licence had expired. And he had to get a document done by the following day.
On closer inspection, the palmrest sticker did actually say it was a trial version - in a very small font, in white text on a silver background (or maybe the other way round). Even if you were looking for it, you'd probably miss it.
I installed OpenOffice for him (LO wasn't around). He's never looked back.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs