> And they get MS Office trials in their face
My next-door neighbour bought a laptop. It came with a copy of Office, with a sticker on the palmrest and everything.
Then, one night, I got a knock at the door. The Office licence had expired. And he had to get a document done by the following day.
On closer inspection, the palmrest sticker did actually say it was a trial version - in a very small font, in white text on a silver background (or maybe the other way round). Even if you were looking for it, you'd probably miss it.
I installed OpenOffice for him (LO wasn't around). He's never looked back.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE