> And they get MS Office trials in their face
My next-door neighbour bought a laptop. It came with a copy of Office, with a sticker on the palmrest and everything.
Then, one night, I got a knock at the door. The Office licence had expired. And he had to get a document done by the following day.
On closer inspection, the palmrest sticker did actually say it was a trial version - in a very small font, in white text on a silver background (or maybe the other way round). Even if you were looking for it, you'd probably miss it.
I installed OpenOffice for him (LO wasn't around). He's never looked back.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24