The only reason to have a "proper" root cert is if you want to be sneaky an pull in people who are not using corporate systems. That's a bit of a hail mary due to the proliferation of personal 3g links which bypass the whole lot.
Either that, or its a very large organisation without the ability to manage its devices' certs. I suppose that isn't too unlikely.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging