Outsourcing development swaps short-term cost-saving for long-term loss of expertise and quality. I hope Apple is not going down this route for anything too close to its operating system software or primary software applications. Frankly, I'm disappointed they are doing this at all. I've already seen the gradual slide into mediocrity that has resulted when other firms have taken this approach. Apple survives only by delivering innovative, quality software (the hardware is good, but doesn't really set it apart). I hope we're not seeing a return to the Sculley days when Apple was driven by bean-counters that nearly drove it off a cliff.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad