Outsourcing development swaps short-term cost-saving for long-term loss of expertise and quality. I hope Apple is not going down this route for anything too close to its operating system software or primary software applications. Frankly, I'm disappointed they are doing this at all. I've already seen the gradual slide into mediocrity that has resulted when other firms have taken this approach. Apple survives only by delivering innovative, quality software (the hardware is good, but doesn't really set it apart). I hope we're not seeing a return to the Sculley days when Apple was driven by bean-counters that nearly drove it off a cliff.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND