Looks to me like the ARM version of W8 is aimed at people that might have bought an ipad or an android tablet, and the x86 version is aimed at people that might have bought a laptop.
So there's a good choice there - long battery life and low weight at the expense of compatibility/power, or vice versa.
Looking forward to seeing what the OEMs come up with on the ARM side of things - I fancy a lightweight tablet with a detachable keyboard please!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth