Looks to me like the ARM version of W8 is aimed at people that might have bought an ipad or an android tablet, and the x86 version is aimed at people that might have bought a laptop.
So there's a good choice there - long battery life and low weight at the expense of compatibility/power, or vice versa.
Looking forward to seeing what the OEMs come up with on the ARM side of things - I fancy a lightweight tablet with a detachable keyboard please!
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24